NOTE: This program does not support individuals experiencing a hardship due to business closings, layoffs/furloughs, or loss of hours at work.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Hospitality Worker Crisis Grant Program
The Louisiana Hospitality Foundation operates a crisis grant program that provides emergency financial assistance to individuals working in Louisiana’s hospitality industry – one of the state’s largest employment sectors.
The Foundation raises funds through donations, as well as our signature fundraising events, manages the application process for crisis assistance, and provides the administrative and financial services necessary to support the accounting and tracking of funds distributed.
Applicants must be dealing with an emergency outside of their control. Examples of program-supported emergencies include, but are not limited to, unexpected illness (including COVID-19), injury, death of an immediate family member, or disaster such as a house fire or flood.
Crisis grant funding may include assistance for:
- Housing (mortgage or rent assistance)
- Medical-related bills
- Basic utility bills (gas, electric, water only)
- Funeral assistance
- Reside in Louisiana
- Work in a Louisiana hospitality position
- Have incurred a qualifying crisis such as an unexpected illness (including COVID-19), injury, death of an immediate family member, or disaster such as a house fire or flood
- Be able to provide backup documentation to prove the emergency
- Be able to demonstrate that applicant lacks other resources and options
All applications must be completed online at the link below. Applications are initially reviewed for eligibility within ten business days of submission, but due to high demand are taking longer for processing and grant committee evaluation. Employers are contacted to verify the applicants current employment in a hospitality position.
The maximum available grant per application is $1,000.00. If awarded, the grant is used to pay eligible expenses on behalf of the applicant; the program will not provide direct funding to an applicant. Please note that available funds are limited, therefore it is not guaranteed that each qualified request for funding will be approved.