Announcing the 10th Annual Gold Medal Chefs Gala and Hospitality Awards
Louisiana Gold Medal Chefs Will Prepare a “Gold Medal Meal” for a Gold Medal Cause
July 14, 2021
The Louisiana Hospitality Foundation (LHF) is pleased to host its 10th annual Gold Medal Chefs Gala and Hospitality Awards presented by The Sazerac House on Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. (and dinner at 7:00 p.m.) in The Great Hall at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. Approximately five hundred seventy-five guests will enjoy an evening of culinary delight featuring a cocktail hour, a five-course seated gourmet dinner, silent and live auctions, and the annual Hospy awards presentation.
This year’s slate of Louisiana-sourced “Gold Medal Chefs” includes a spotlight on culinary and hospitality education programs in Louisiana:
- Cafe Hope featuring Chefs Lennon Fitzgerald & Garin Siekkinen
- Café Reconcile featuring Chef Martha Wiggins
- Chef John Folse Culinary Institute featuring Chef John Folse
- New Orleans Culinary & Hospitality Institute featuring Chefs Rebecca Klaskala & Tony White
- Delgado Community College’s Culinary Arts featuring Chef & Delgado Alumna Jessica Scott of Gracious Bakery
David Blitch, President & Co-Founder of LHF, says “Our Foundation’s community support programs are heavily supported by funds raised during special events, and the Gold Medal Chefs Gala is one of the biggest fundraisers on our annual calendar. We are thrilled to host the event in-person this year and are so appreciative of the talents of our amazing ‘gold medal’ chefs. They will provide an outstanding, high-quality, gala dinner while we celebrate our Foundation’s important work in the community with our biggest supporters.”
In addition to the dinner, an awards ceremony sponsored by Brown Forman, Octavio Mantilla, & Premium Parking, will honor those in our community who make a significant impact on our hospitality industry. The following honorees will be announced at the gala and presented with a “Hospy Award” for the following categories:
- President’s Outstanding Volunteer Award – Tina Dixon-Williams, The Jae Impact
- Jamie Shannon Outstanding Chef Award – Chef’s Brigade Inc.
- Drago Cvitanovich Award for Outstanding Philanthropy by an Entrepreneur – Stephen Hightower, City Group Hospitality
- Bryan Klotz Award for Outstanding Philanthropy by a Supplier – Andy Blouin, Juan Cazabon & Mickey Parenton, Neat Wines
- Archie Casbarian Humanitarian of the Year Award – Steve Worthy, Fore!Kids Foundation
- Outstanding Philanthropy by a Hotel – Kimpton Hotel Fontentot
- Hotel Champion of Hospitality – David Piscola, Hilton New Orleans Riverside
Read more about the event at www.GoldMedalChefs.com.
Sponsors for the 10th annual Gold Medal Chefs Gala & Hospitality Awards include:
- Presenting Sponsor – The Sazerac House
- Awards Sponsors – Brown Forman, Octavio Mantilla, Premium Parking
- Gold Sponsor – Ecolab, Louisiana Seafood Promotion & Marketing Board, Marriott Worldwide Business Councils New Orleans, Walk On’s Sports Bistreaux
- Silver Sponsors – Gulf Coast Blenders/Camellia Brand, Element, MAPP, Neat Wines, People Ready, Sodexo
- Bronze Sponsors – D.A. Exterminating, Diamonds Direct, Eiserloh, Global Staffing Solutions, Hailey Insurance, NATCO, Reily Foods, Michael G. Rudelson, Select Properties, Solomon Family, United Way of Southeast Louisiana
- Foundation Sustainers – Centerplate, Coca-Cola United, Crescent Crown, Cumulus, Jackson Family Wines, Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, Republic National Distributing Company, Schulkens Communications, Southern Eagle, Southern Glazers, Thompson Auctions
About the Gold Medal Chefs Gala & Hospitality Awards
Founded in 2012, the Gold Medal Chefs Gala and Hospitality Awards is an annual fundraiser produced by the Louisiana Hospitality Foundation. Proceeds from the gala will be used to support the Foundation’s mission and grant programs including its Hospitality Worker Crisis Grant Program that provides financial assistance and resources to employees of Louisiana’s hospitality industry during times of emergency.
About Louisiana Hospitality Foundation
Founded in 2006, the Louisiana Hospitality Foundation’s mission is to strengthen Louisiana’s hospitality industry through support of individuals within the community. We do this by supporting workforce development programs directly related to our industry; providing access to culinary and hospitality education; working to ensure a positive perception of Louisiana’s hospitality industry; and providing financial assistance and/or guidance to people in the hospitality industry during times of crisis.
Since its inception, the Foundation has distributed over $4.7 million in support of its mission in the form of community grants, education grants, and hospitality worker crisis grants. These funds are raised through charitable donations and signature fundraising events including Horses, Hops and Cops, the Fidelity Bank Champions Club at Zurich Classic, the Gold Medal Chefs Gala, and other special events.
Follow on Facebook at www.facebook.com/LouisianaHospitalityFoundation, on Instagram at www.instagram.com/lahospfound/, and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/lahospfound, and for additional information visit http://www.louisianahospitality.org.
For more information about the event and the Foundation, visit www.louisianahospitality.org.